10 minutes per day of sun-UVB is NOT enough
Add 5 minutes if in Northern Europe/US
2X times in shoulder seasons = March-May, September
2X times in non-noon = 10-11 AM or 3-5 PM
3X times if both shoulder season and non-noon (not 4X)
- When first tanning reduce the following times by half.
- Lie down so that you get into a shadow at the time alloted.
- Always take a short-time with the sun.
- Do not exceed these times, it will redden your skin, and cause skin damage and sunburn
Added by VitaminDWiki:
- Increase times 3X if elderly
- Increase times 2X if overweight
- Increase times 3X if cloudy or you are in the shade
- Increase times 2X if hazy
- Increase times 2X if standing
- Add 10 minute? if very far from equator: Alaska/Finland
- Decrease times ( 1/2 ?) if near equator
- The times above assume
- % of body exposed to sun – we guess 30% = shorts and T-shirt
- Daily? rather than 3 days a week
60 minutes of sunlight needed to decrease vitamin D deficiency in a sunny climate.
THE PERFECT STORM
Children especially those with dark skin improve learning by – sun exposure without sunscreen.
The mood, ability to pay attention, how you feel about yourself – has been stated that those deficient in Vitamin D, cannot be educated.
IF they do not perform, they are label Artistic – they do not have that deep sleep to help them be restored and remember what they have been taught.
Physical repairs are done during the Deep Sleep.
AUTISM encourage the social interaction – outdoor direct sun exposure – allow them to sleep as much as his/her physical body demands, Vitamin D in the brain increases stability.