When the doctor tells you have Costochondritis, Arthritis, Colitis, Gastritis. Remember the ending of the word “itis – sis” means inflammation.
Inflammation is the body’s natural response to infection and injury. It is an important defense mechanism that helps our body heal by bringing nutrients and immune cells to the affected area.
Whole-body inflammation, on the other hand, is damaging rather than helpful. This chronic form of inflammation is associated with a host of problems such as the painful swelling associated with arthritis, heart disease, and some kinds of cancer. Eating a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods can help to keep pain at bay.
COSTOCHONDRITIS is a benign painful inflammation of the costal cartilage. While it can be extremely painful called Tietze’s Syndrome. Caused by viral infection, physical strain, not uncommon in pregnancy. Since is cartilaginous, it is non-vascular takes much longer to heal. Children complain of chest pain.
Sclerosis -an induration or hardening especially hardening of a part from inflammation and in disease of the interstitial substance. Hardening of the nervous system due to hyperplasia of the connective tissue or for hardening of the blood vessels. Mood swings, very irritable, depression…in the Hippocampal sclerosis a brain damage often seen in individuals with temporal lobe epilepsy.
ARTHRITIS is an inflammation of the joints. There are over 100 different forms or arthritis. From joint pain to the deformation of the joints where the Immune System is un-able to respond ending up in a disability if the right nutrition is not present.
COLITIS is an inflammation of the colon or large intestine. Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea, cramping, bloating, fever, bleeding in the stools.
In our Natural approached to the solution, we always look at the root of the problems.
What causes INFLAMATION? May be simple at first to you, but it is the product of unbalance at the Emotional level and the Physical.
Emotions: Unresolved emotional (un-healthy thoughts and feelings) creates un-balance, the body releases more acidity in the tissues.
Physical: If it is a virus or a combination of virus and bacteria enters our body, IF we had strong Immune System of the defenses will fight and in many cases eliminate the intruders. Another System that must be in balance is our digestive tract, if there is a buildup of toxins, fermentation and putrefaction could be part of the root of the problem. How is the nutrients we give our body, many of the times, we eat to satisfy the hunger and do not give at his magnificent body the nutrients they need.
Pain is an indicator of Inflammation, there is a “silent inflammation” that falls below the threshold of perceived pain. It’s one thing when you have a chance to fight back against something that seeks to destroy your body. But when you don’t even know the enemy is within you, how can you fight back? Silent inflammation can damage your arteries, destroy your nerve cells, depress your immune system and promote cancer.
Below are some top choices for anti-inflammatory foods:
1. Foods high in omega-3s. One cause of inflammation throughout the body is an imbalance in the consumption of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. The average western diet includes up to 10 times more omega-6 fatty acids—found in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils—than omega-3s, so it’s a good idea to get more of the anti-inflammatory omega-3s into the diet on a daily basis. Some great sources include salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines, anchovies, trout, flaxseeds, and walnuts. You may also consider taking a fish oil supplement, but make sure you choose one that contains omega-3s, and not omega-6s, and comes from a reputable brand.
2. Extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil contains a natural anti-inflammatory agent and may be partly responsible for the low levels of heart disease among those following a Mediterranean diet. Use it for cooking instead of butter or vegetable oil.
3. Antioxidant-rich foods. These include fruits (non-citrus) and vegetables. The more colors you eat, the better; each color represents the presence of different health-promoting phytochemicals. Some great fruits to start eating regularly are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, papaya, cantaloupe, apricots, cherries, plums, and watermelon. Some antioxidant-rich vegetables include kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, pumpkin, bell peppers, sweet potato, and turnip greens.
4. Spices. Check your pantry for ginger, garlic, cinnamon and turmeric. These seasonings appear to have anti-inflammatory properties, so they are a great choice to use when cooking. If you have a high-powered blender or juicer, start the day with a green juice by combining fresh ginger, leafy greens like kale or spinach, and any fruits you like. Apple, baby carrots, and ginger make for a great combination as well.
5. Green Tea. Green tea contains certain phytochemicals that appear to help fight inflammation and preserve joints longer. Studies suggest that 3 to 4 cups per day would be needed to see the benefits.
How Can You Reverse Inflammation?
- Treat food as a powerful drug. You will learn that inflammation is controlled by hormones called “eicosanoids” in the body. What controls the eicosanoids? You guessed it. Eating the right kinds of food in the right amounts. In particular, the protein/carbohydrate ratio must be 0.5 to 1.0 in order to keep insulin levels from rising too high, which is the number one cause of increased inflammation in the body.
- High dose, fish oil. The less you follow the diet, the more you need to rely on fish oil to bring down the level of inflammation in your body.
- Appropriate exercise. Among the numerous other benefits of exercise, it helps to improve your body’s sensitivity to insulin. This keeps the levels of insulin low. Keeping your body’s insulin levels low is the single most important thing you can do to keep inflammation low and promote healthy and successful aging.
- Stress reduction. You cannot be well physically (no matter what your level of silent inflammation) if you are in a state of emotional, psychological or spiritual distress.
My recommendation for Maintenance:
FOOD ENZYMES #1836-9
BOWEL DETOX #3020-8
SUPER OMEGA3 EPA #1515-7
NUTRI-CALM #1617-3 or STRESS-J #3163-3(big seller)
SILVER SHIELD w/Aqua Sol #4274-1
My recommendation for an onset Inflammation:
Chinese IF-C Stock No. 1875-9
Nature’s Sunshine IF Relief #1175-4
Nature’s Sunshine Thai-Go Mangosteen Juice Stock No. 4195-2
AdaptaMax # 872-9
Save – Free Membership Welcome to SHOP
At end of Check Out process prices will reflect the Members price. Membership is FREE
Take our FREE Health Assessment to learn which of your body systems needs the most attention.